Search

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Q: "If you believe in Jesus Christ put this on youe wall. DON'T JUST IGNORE THIS because in The Bible, it says if you deny Him...

...He will deny you in front of His Father in the Gates of Heaven." - I  found this on Facebook. Will God really "deny you in front of His Father in the Gates of Heaven"? I think if I believe in God I don't have to do that, so many pros and cons. I know it isn't a big problem, but what to do/believe?

 
A:  I find these chains laughable...really, they are just a waste of time.  And what's more is that they are completely wrong, taken out of context and do not represent the Christian faith at all.   


Firstly, I find no need to be scared of such posts.  You are right when you say that you believe in God and feel that you do not have to forward this post on your wall.  Salvation (entering the gates of Heaven), is based on our hearts and our acceptance of Jesus Christ.  No amount of wall posting can prove what is in our hearts and putting this on your wall certainly does not indicate that you are a Christian. 


Secondly, the repercussions of not putting this on your wall is not true.  Just because you don't post it, doesn't mean that you are denying God, and thus resulting in Him denying you.  It just means that you refuse to perpetuate this hoax and continue the wrong teachings. 


I have seen this on Facebook as well and have chosen to ignore it.  My faith does not rest upon updating my status to this post and thus I will not continue the chain on Facebook.  I know who I am in Christ, where my faith is and certainly where I am going after death.  Regardless of updating my status.  


[answered by Pastor KJT]