Search

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Q: Can christians read/watch sorcery stuff? (e.g. Harry Potter series)


A: Absolutely! I've seen all of the Harry Potters series and enjoyed them thoroughly! They're great fun and entertaining.

I know the argument about not watching something such as Harry Potter. Many Christians will hold the view that it encourages sorcery or teaches things that contradict the Bible. And while I can see this argument flying for young children, I think that as adults and teenagers, we are far from being under that influence. When I watch Harry battle it out with his magic wand...I don't actually believe that magic comes from a wand and that we can fly on a broom. I just take it as great entertainment

Keeping your mind pure doesnt mean that you just ignore everything that's going on in the world! It just means that you only let the good things infiltrate your heart. Dont actually believe in the fictional characters of Harry, Ron and Hermione. But just watch it because it's a fun movie!


[answered by Pastor KJT, who loves Harry Potter movies!]